Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting Started

I thought I'd start a blog to keep friends and family (who may be interested) updated on what's going on with us. Plus, we've had a great response from friends and family in helping us put together Memory Boxes for parents of stillborn children and thought this would be a good way to keep everyone updated on the progress of the boxes.

After recently receiving a very generous $500 donation from the Junior Auxiliary of Pascagoula, I've ordered more things for the memory boxes. It couldn't have come at a better time because I sent my last box out on Friday! I can't imagine someone asking for a box and not having one to give. The garage sell donations are coming in steady. Thanks to everyone who has donated!! If I only make a $100 I'll still be able to put together 3 boxes and help 3 families. Every little bit helps and counts.

Kelly was speaking to a nurse on the Labor and Delivery floor last week and she said they need some boxes on the floor. She gave Kelly the name of someone to contact to get that started. Yay!! That nurse also mentioned a need for micropreemie (preemies weighting 1-3 pounds) gowns. Yes, my next project will be making preemie gowns with my mother-in-law's help. It's taken a little over a year, but I'm reaching my goal of helping other parents in Dillon's name. And I know the only way I have the strength to do this is because Dillon keeps close watch over our family.

In addition to all that, baby girl Cumbest is doing great! She moves around all the time (I may be in trouble if she's even more active than these boys : ). All doctors visits have been great and we've gotten to see her on the ultrasound every 2 weeks. All tests have come back good too. Thank goodness. We're taking this one day at a time, trying not to worry, and thoroughly enjoying this pregnancy with her. Thanks for all your prayers during this pregnancy!

3 comments:

  1. What a great Blog to start! Can't wait to read it as you go along! I know the garage sale will be great! We're going to sell, sell, sell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I thought it would especially be a good way for the people who have donated time, money, ect. with the boxes to see how the progression is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A blog!!! I'm a fellow blogger, so lovin' it! Gotta post some pics next, sista! =) I can't wait to see the future posts as you progress... what an awesome thing you are doing in honor of Baby Dillon! Let us know how we might help.

    ReplyDelete