Monday, July 26, 2010

Second Garage Sale Fundraiser




A few weeks ago, my mother-in-law took some blankets she had made for me to include in the memory boxes to the Fr. Mike at our church for him to bless. He then suggested the Ladies Auxiliary of the church to try to help me out with the memory boxes. And so after talking with the ladies one night at their meeting, they jumped in full force to help me get things together for a second garage sale. We got TONS of donations! I never would have been able to pull it off without all of their help. They helped with getting the donations, setting up, pricing, selling, and clean up! What an amazing group of women. Some have experienced losing a child and others just empathised with it, but all came together to help. And it turned out to be very successful. We raised about $1,150! So great...now I feel I can have boxes ready to go if and when they are needed and not have to worry about that when Lillian gets here. Plus friends and family are still continuing to support us/boxes both financially and emotionally. We have great people in our lives. I know first hand some people don't have this amazing support when they lose a child. We are definitely blessed in the sense that if it had to happen to us, we had and still have the support we need to move foward and remember and honor Dillon in a positive light.

As for Lillian, she is still as active as ever. God took me very literally when I said I would need the next baby after Dillon to move a lot so I could feel reassured that everything was alright. But the pain in my ribs and back are better than the fear that something could be wrong if she didn't move as much. I'm 34 weeks with 6 weeks left and it can't come soon enough...even if her room is not ready : ) The boys are very excited too and growing a little impatient that the last weeks seem to be dragging by : ) They are going to be great big brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment